Friday, July 30, 2010

Proud of my Marine!

Well, we have some exciting news that has just recently happened. Kyle was put on a meritorious board for Sergeant and was selected! So he gets pinned on Monday. For most meritorious boards, the Marine has to go in front of an actual board of higher ranking officers and basically be interrogated, mainly on Marine Corps traditions and history- stuff like that. But the board Kyle was put up on is different. They did a book board which means they just looked over his records and files and determined from those that he was eligible and qualified to become Sergeant. So he didn't have to actually be interviewed, which is nice because it's always a nerve-wracking time. God's timing is so good. Being promoted really helps with the baby coming along. We are super excited and I am so, so, so proud of my husband. Hopefully on Monday I can post pictures of the pinning ceremony! I love you, (soon-to-be Sergeant Mills!!)   :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh Joy, that is really exciting! I see from your counter that you only have 27 days left. :) Praying for you both.

Elizabeth Mills said...

That is awesome! Blessings are abounding for the two of you! <3