Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Little Bit of This and That

Well, I think I've pretty much recovered from any sort of jet lag. Thank goodness. I always seem to have trouble getting into a routine sleeping schedule after flying. But after some good rest, I've managed to find the time to put pictures onto my computer. Here they are-- for your enjoyment. :)
Me with Mr. and Mrs. DeLain
Me with Rachel and Heidi. Very dear friends whom I love and admire.
Here are some pictures of our awesome new piano that my sweet husband surprised me with!! He even had roses on the piano waiting for me when I walked in.
I mentioned in my last blog post that I pretty much missed the rainy season here. Well, the rain really helped out my flowers. However, it has been hot and dry since I have been home, so some of them were looking a little wilted. Not to mention that ants have been EATING UP my tree and some of my flowers. Anyone know of a good ant killer?
This is the same banana tree that my friend's dog chewed to the ground!
This flower bed is along side of the house. I started it back before I left for the states, but haven't done much with it. I stuck a hibiscus bush in the corner. I'm planning on planting more.
I also mentioned that I am going to start a patio vegetable garden. I probably won't be able to start on it until after next week, but I took pictures of our back patio to show you what I'm going to have to work with.
These next few pictures were taken in Seattle. I spent the day there with my mother in law and one of my sisters in law. I took the Space Needle picture while riding the monorail. It was the first time I had ever ridden a monorail.
CHEESECAKE FACTORY!
These last pictures were taken when I was flying into Okinawa. It was absolutely breath-taking. It reminded me of how awesome our God is! It was beautiful.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I can't believe how good the picture of the space needle turned out! It was sooooooooo good to see you and thanks for helping set up our Skype network. We are looking forward to talking to you and Kyle face to face. :) Oh, by the way, we are now eating radishes and lettuce from the garden and soon peas and beets. I am sooo looking forward to not buying such stuff from the grocery store. More later.