Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy New Year! (2013)

Holy Smokes! I love that I wrote one post in the entire year of 2012. And it was a Happy New Year post. Well, folks... here's another Happy New Year post. haha! Except one year later. I don't know what compelled me to write on here other than I have been MIA on FB for a little bit, so I was looking at my other avenues of communication and figured I'd write a quick blurb on here.

Man, oh, man.... 2012... what can I say? Other than that I would really not like to repeat it. It was an insane transition from military life to civilian life and just seemed especially difficult for me. When the military has been a part of your life for the last 20+ years, it can take some getting used to.  Even though I have had total peace that it was God's will for us to get out and for Kyle to finish up his Bachelors, it has been really hard for me to adjust. It's been a little over a year that we have been in the states and I'd say that it's pretty much taken this entire time for me to not feel a bit depressed about the whole transition. But God has been so, so good. I'd say the highlight of my year was having Orrin Parker Mills join our family. This kid is such a sweetie!! I love his sweet and mild-mannered disposition. We love him. Lots.

I'll highlight a few things of 2012.

-Got out of Marine Corps
-Moved to Greenville, SC (we LOVE the area)
-Bought a house
-Had a baby
-Potty trained a 2 yr old (still working on naps and bedtime... ok, not really working on it at all- we just put a diaper on and don't worry about it!! Seriously though, when does this happen??)
-Survived the first fall semester of Kyle's journey to his degree (BJU did not accept a lot of his Community College credits, so we're looking at 3 years of school left)
-Had a wonderful first Christmas in our new home (my parents even came down and spoiled us!)

I am looking forward to 2013 and seeing what God has in store for us. We have been constantly blown away by His provision, the ways He has shown us how we are such faithless creatures, and by His unfailing, comforting presence.

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of these boys who constantly light up my life and because blogs are way more interesting when there are pictures! :)

P.S. I wanna know who still has me on their blogroll! Leave me a comment! 


3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for an update! Glad you guys are doing well - those boys are so much bigger... And as handsome as ever! :-)

Keri Ronk said...

I was shocked when I saw that you posted! Yay! Keep posting!!

Unknown said...

I'm a little late. Miss you guys. Will try to FaceTime later.